I’ve been recording live concert events for almost a decade, both as a freelancer and as part of documentation teams. My work at major music festivals includes Bonnaroo, Okeechobee, FloydFest, Hopscotch, and Moogfest. I’ve also recorded local bands in small venues with great success.
If you have a live event that you would like to have captured, please contact me.
- Twin Tascam DR-680 MkII recorders for 12 channels of audio
- AKG C480B CK61 cardioid condenser microphones on Rycote shockmounts
- AKG C568EB short shotgun microphones
- Church Audio CA-11 cardioid condenser microphones with Naiant preamps
- Hundreds of feet of high quality XLR microphone cable
- Audio processing software including equalization and compression
Here’s a sample recording of the Travers Brothership, a band from Asheville, NC, with their song “Time Will Slip Away”, recorded at a small festival in Snow Camp, NC: